Our loving community began 75 years ago in October 1942 when Pastor Bill & Rose Meszaros began Hungarian Pentecostal Assembly on Dearborn Street in Delray/Southern Detroit. In 1955 they moved to Fort Street, affiliated with the Assemblies of God, and became known as Fort Gospel Tabernacle. In 1963 the church rebuilt at Outer Drive & Dix, Melvindale under the name Mamre Assembly of God. Attendance increased under the next two Pastors as the church gained deeper meaning in worship and work of the Holy Spirit. In 1987 the congregation changed its name to New Hope Assembly of God believing “our name is what we give”. In 1991 the church purchased the current 15 acres of property by Southland Mall in Taylor.
Since 1992 Pastor Philip Nissley has led the congregation in people outreach and vision as a Spirit-anointed church. In May 1998 the current 1st Phase facility was finished and dedicated. Over the years since, we have hosted large revivals of 750-1500 in our sanctuary. We have a 2nd Phase Family Life Center and Gym planned, followed by expansion of the Education/Worship Center.